Calvert Internal Medicine is seeking a RN Care Manager to work in our Prince Frederick Office.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Work in a manner that supports the mission and vision of the CIMG and performs in accordance with system-wide competencies and behaviors.
• Participate in the identification of high risk/high acuity patients;
• Identify and follow up on hospital and emergency department admissions and discharges;
• Oversee care transitions (hospital to home, hospital to rehabilitation center/nursing facility) and coordinate follow up with patient;
• Initiate patients’ medication reconciliation;
• Oversee patients’ linkages to community resources and social support;
• Closely coordinated and facilitate patients’ care with primary care providers, behavioral health specialist and sub specialists;
• Acts as a patient advocate protecting privacy and confidentiality issues;
• Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources, payer requirements, and network services for target population;
• Promote patients’ independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills;
• Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods;
• Visits patients’ homes, when appropriate, to perform medication reconciliation, assessments and more.
• Current RN Licensure
• Minimum of 3 years of current clinical nursing experience.
• Strong professional level of knowledge and comprehensive clinical assessment skills in the adult population and chronic disease management
• Ability to interact with physicians and other health care professionals in a professional manner
• Maintains current CPR certification