We have received many requests in recent weeks for COVID-19 tests. If you need to be tested (either due to exposure, symptoms, or travel) we continue to offer drive up tests BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Appointments are available at each of our locations; Dunkirk, Prince Frederick, and Solomons. TO ARRANGE THIS TEST, YOU MUST FIRST CALL AND SCHEDULE A TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR PRIMARY PROVIDER.
Because of the recent high demand there are occasional limits on our available tests and appointments. If we are unable to arrange your test at a time and place ideal for you, please consider the many sites offered through the State of Maryland and County Health Departments as an additional option. You do not need an order from a physician for most of them, and they are “drive through” sites similar to ours. Some of their sites do not require an appointment (i.e. Six Flags America).
A true exposure is > 15 minutes (either cumulative or continuous) without masks within 6 feet of an infected person. The optimal time to be tested is 5-7 days after exposure or return from travel, otherwise the test may be falsely negative. If you have a rapid test done at our office or Urgent Care, please continue to self-quarantine until the confirmation test results are available (usually 3-5 days later). The rapid test alone is not accurate enough to break quarantine.
You may schedule the telehealth appointment with your PCP by calling our offices at (410) 535-2005, or online by clicking the button below.
1. Please attempt to arrive at the exact time of your drive up appointment- masked.
2. Kindly pull into the designated parking spot with flashers on.
3. Hold your license up to the closed window when the provider approaches your car.
4. Once confirmed roll the window down- pull your mask down past your nostrils still covering your mouth. Do not attempt to talk during the procedure. Your head will be tilted back to lightly touch the headrest of the seat. Keep looking directly ahead.
5. Once the test is performed you will receive a thumbs up sign.
6. Kindly exit the parking space so that the next patient can be accommodated.
7. Continue to remain self quarantined your provider will contact you with your results in the next 48-72 hours.
8. If your surgery is rescheduled or you are hospitalized for any reason and you are unable to make the drive up test- please attempt to let us know.
* If you were instructed to move to the passenger side, please do so when safe.
* If you WERE NOT instructed to move to the passenger side, please remain in the driver seat.
Click the link below to be taken to the County-specific websites where you will find COVID-19 testing information.
St. Mary’s County
Anne Arundel County
Prince George’s County
Do you have questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine?
The Maryland Department of Health has opened the Maryland GoVax COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center to make COVID-19 vaccine appointments and information easily available for Marylanders.
Based on best clinical practices, CDC guidelines, illness severity and risk factors like age and pre-existing conditions.